Obituary of Iris Miller
Iris Mae Miller passed away peacefully at the Foyer d’Youville, Gravelbourg, SK, on April 6, 2020, at the age of 91 years. She was born March 28, 1929, to Russell and Morna (nee Zeran) Hollister of the Cupar district. At the age of sixteen, she was baptized and joined the United Church. She completed her grade 12 and went on to Normal School. She taught in Kennedy and Indian Head. She married Guido Miller of the Arbutnnot district in Regina on July 11, 1953. The first few months of marriage were spent in Regina, then in Davidson, SK, for two years where Guido worked for National Grain and in 1956, they settled on a farm at Glen Bain, SK, where they raised their six children. Iris was a woman of strong faith, serving as President and Secretary of the U.C.W, chair of the church council, a representative at Presbytery, leading lay services when needed, and was very active with the music ministry. She enjoyed playing the piano, reading, crafting, playing cards, old-time dancing, and family gatherings. Iris and Guido moved to Gravelbourg in November of 2010. Iris loved her family dearly and cherished spending time with each and every one of them. She will be dearly missed. Iris is reunited in heaven with her husband Guido Miller (2012). She leaves to mourn her loving family; daughter Donna (Bernie) Achtemichuk, grandson Darren (Lisa), great-grandsons Tyson and Carter, grandson James (Erin), granddaughter Kim (Steve) Bownes, great-grandchildren Austin and Georgia, granddaughter Terri-Ann; son Allan; son Russell; son Darrell (Ida), daughter Lois; son Norman (Joanne), granddaughter Christina, great-grandson Ryker, grandson Mark (Kristin), great-grandchildren Mason and Eliya, grandson Michael (Lydia), great-grandchildren Neeka and Xander, grandson Brian. Predeceased by her parents Russell and Morna Hollister; siblings Gertie (Andy) Hammond, Tema (Frank) Bolen and brother Keith (Vera) Hollister. Funeral Service will be held at the Kincaid United Church, Kincaid, SK at a later date. Interment will take place at St. Elizabeth Cemetery.